262 Pinery Road
Burnt River, Ontario, K0M 1C0
Note: Business Hours by appointment
Contact Jan Anderson Direct
Other Places to Find Jan
- Sunshine Quilt Show – June 7th – Orillia Quilt Guild
- Haliburton School of Art & Design – July 10 to 14 Batik, Rusting & Colour Manipulation
- Haliburton School of Art & Design – July 31 to August 4th, 2023 Fibre Art Techniques Haliburton…..
- Haliburton School of Art & Design – August 14 to 18 – Quilting Basics – Introduction to Fibre Art (Youth to Adult)
- Victoria County tour – September 23-24 & September 30, – October 1, 2023
Jan is a passionate fibre artist who tells her stories through her art while challenging her audience to view the world with a renewed perspective.
Jan and her husband have been avid campers and hikers since the seventies. Jan’s studio is located on a “special” piece of land surrounded by river, rapids, wetlands, forest, and meadows and is home to a wide range of wild life. All this is featured prominently in her art work.
Jan’s grandfather nurtured her love for all forms of life. He taught her to be a conscious custodian of our environment. Jan is inspired by his gentle teachings and is passionate about stirring other souls to appreciate, respect, and fall in love with our great province and country. In her art, Jan includes elements of air, water, and earth and things that grow, creep, fly, swim, or walk.
Jan describes herself as a diverse textile artist who manipulates wax, rust, paint, dye, fabric and many other techniques to create her pieces. Each piece tells a story which starts from a distance and often draws the viewer to closer proximity where the story may continue in a slightly altered form or a new story begins.