We offer a wide array of classes to start you on the road to making beautiful wall hangings and quilts. We have a roomy, sunny studio that is suitable for a maximum of four students.
I can arrange to teach classes to suit individuals or groups in my own sunny studio or on-site. Contact me to find out more.
Here are some of the subjects that I teach:
- Free motion Quilting – domestic machine
- Free motion art quilting – domestic machine
- Thread sketching and painting
- dyeing and painting
Free Motion Quilting (domestic machine)
Drop those feed dogs, put on your quilting gloves and play. Experience the freedom and joy free motion quilting allows. Learn the basics while having fun and being creative in a supportive studio.
Free Motion Art Quilting (domestic machine)
Release your inner artist by creating your own designs to tell your stories or enhance your pieces. Explore different techniques to transfer your individual motifs on to your fabric.
Thread Sketching and Thread Painting
Play with thread by learning the different stitches, the importance of colour and the use of stabilizers and hoops. Thread sketch a butterfly and dragon fly. A tropical fish, polar bear, wolf or whale come to life with thread painting.
Create unique, stunning fabric by playing with white cotton, vinegar and rusty objects.
Wrap in plastic, add heat and be surprised how easy and fun this technique is. Principles of design will be discussed.
Dyeing and Painting
Step out of the box and learn how to design your own fabric by using “colour vie.” Play and experiment with endless techniques. Principles of design and colour will be discussed.
Create unique, bold, stunning fabric by playing with white cotton, wax and dye. Design personal motifs or general patterns.
Fusible Web Appliqué
Learn to machine appliqué using fusible web. Fusible web enhances stability to the appliqué motif and when the edges are reinforced with stitching and a liquid fray preventer the edges will remain clean and not fray. This class will also include free motion exercises.
Design and Colour
Bring an unresolved quilt related project to be developed. Discussion will review basic design principles, colour theory and the creative process. Immerse yourself in productive serious play and critical thinking to create a piece that talks to you.
|May 15, 16||Fusible web appliqué and free motion||Bobcaygeon|
|May 30, 31||Fusible web appliqué and free motion||Bobcaygeon|
|June 8||Free motion quilting||Studio|
|June 15||Design and colour||Studio|
|July 9 - 13||Fibre art techniques||Haliburton School of Art and Design|
|July 23 - 27||Children’s fusible web appliqué and free motion||Bobcaygeon|
|August 17||Painting and dyeing||Studio|
|August 18||Rusting and discharging techniques||Studio|
|August 24||Rusting and discharging techniques||Studio|
|August 25||Rusting and discharging techniques||Studio|
|September 14||Thread painting, thread sketching||Studio|
|September 15||Fusible web appliqué and free motion||Studio|
|October 19||Free motion quilting||Studio|
|October 20||Free motion art quilting||Studio|
|October 26||Creative use of Stash - Tembo||Studio|
- Maximum number of students in a class is four. Each class will be personalized to suit the individual needs of the students with one on one consultation.
- One student $80.00 for four hours
- Two students. $80.00 each for eight hours
- Three students $75.00 each for eight hours
- Four students. $70.00 each for eight hours
- The studio will provide a safe and supportive environment where students can learn new skills and develop their creative process while having fun. Some courses require a material fee.
- Groups are welcome to enquirer about classes and the class fee is $350.00 per day for instruction.
- You may also choose a class and time that fits your schedule. Payment is due at time of registration. If you cancel anytime up to 14 days prior to course start, you will receive a full refund less a $25.00 administrative fee. If you cancel later than 14 days prior to class start, there is no refund of fees.
To book a class, please call Jan at 705 488 2234 or email firstname.lastname@example.org